Safeguarding in Scouting
At 4th Bramhall (St Michael’s) we take our obligation to safeguarding extremely seriously, as a group we have to adopt the procedures laid down by The Scout Association in Policy Organisation & Rules (POR).
All adults (including parents) should be aware of the Young People First (Yellow Card), the up to date version is always available at the bottom of this page, just click on the yellow card.
It is the policy of The Scout Association to safeguard the welfare of all members by protecting them from neglect and from physical, sexual and emotional harm.
We are committed to:
- Taking the interests and well-being of young people into account, in all our considerations and activities.
- Respecting the rights, wishes and feelings of the young people with whom we work.
- Taking all reasonable practicable steps to protect them from neglect, physical, sexual and emotional abuse.
- Promoting the welfare of young people and their protection within a position of trust.
All adults in Scouting, including members of the Scout Network who wish to work with young people, are responsible for putting this policy into practice at all times.
An adult in Scouting has a responsibility to ensure that young people are protected from harm. It is the responsibility of each adult in Scouting to ensure that:
- Their behaviour is appropriate at all times.
- They observe the rules established for the safety and security of young people.
- They follow the procedures following suspicion, disclosure or allegation of child abuse.
- They recognise the position of trust in which they have been placed.
- In every respect, the relationships they form with the young people under their care are appropriate.
The safety of young people is our priority. Please download and share these important safeguarding videos and booklets with your children.
If you or your children have any issues regarding safeguarding please speak to a Leader that you trust who will raise it to the Group Scout Leader (GSL), or contact firstname.lastname@example.org (this email will be sent to the GSL and Group Chair(s)).