Coronavirus Up Date
Welcome to our Covid-19 Page, here you will find all the current details on how 4th Bramhall (St Michael’s) is operating.
The section leaders have put a lot of effort into making the Scout Centre COVID secure. The Scout Centre is quite different with these new measures in place. Please read our COVID risk assessment before you get to the Scout Centre, each Section/Hire will have to do their own risk assessment before they use the building and it must start with the measures we already have in place. Please send your risk assessment to COVID@4thbramhall.org.uk.
The hall will only be bookable for permitted purposes that comply with the governments rules at this time.
We have mad it mandatory for all scouting members, leaders and parents to use a face coverings during section meetings despite been outside, this due to the increased risk of COVID-19 speeding at the moment. All Scouting meetings will be held in our temporary outside HQ behind the church hall until further notice. Please read our Temporary Outside HQ risk assessment and also our Outside COVID secure risk assessment before arriving to the meeting.
Some of the main points
- The forecourt is now pedestrianised with a one-way system to and from the front door, please use the footprints to keep families 2m apart.
- Please park in St Michael’s Car Park so not to block the Avenue.
- Parents please stay outside (you can see your child go in through the glass)
- Everyone that is age 11+ must be wearing a face-covering as currently prescribed by law in our building. (One that attaches over the ears for children; as round the back of the neck is a possible choking hazard) The person delivering the meeting/session does not need to wear a face covering but must keep a 2m distance from everyone else.
- The entrance hall MUST be kept clear, and should only have one one person/family in at one time
- Please use the sanitiser in the entrance hall to clean your hands before entering the Main Hall or Upstairs and on exiting the building.
- Once inside please follow the room restrictions, there are orange marks on the floors to aid in social distancing.
- When collecting please wait outside – your child will be able to see you from the entrance hall.
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you have any of the above symptoms please stay at home and call NHS 119.
If anyone is displays any of the above symptoms whilst at the Scout Centre or on scouting activity’s, that meeting/session must be suspended immediately and the person with the symptoms told to go and get tested. Everyone else should isolate until the test results have come back.
Any and all instances if COVID-19 Symptoms/test results must be communicated to COVID@4thbramhall.org.uk immediately along with the sessions Track and Trace list. The group executive will contact all affected parties of the result of any tests.
Since all face-to-face scout meetings were suspended on 17th March 2020, things have changed, we now need to follow the Scouting Readiness Levels across the UK
More information can be found on The Scout Associations Page – Getting everyone back together safely
We will continue to follow official guidance; the safety of everyone involved in Scouts, both young people and adults, is our number one priority. That is always at the heart of our decision making.